Friday, February 13, 2015

Oooh...Spooky

Did you remember that today was Friday the 13th?  I did this morning, made a random comment about it and then pretty forgot about it.  Are you superstitious?  I don't think I am, at least not in obvious ways.  Maybe in other ways that I don't really notice?  Not sure.  In honor of Friday 13th, here are some supersticious-ly themed shoes:



Black cats are supposed to be unlucky, but I'm thinking these are too cute to be unlucky, especially the second one.   See the little tail wrapped around the heel?  Adorbs.



Walking under ladders is also supposed to be unlucky.  Can I just say that I love the ladder shoe storage idea?  I might have to find an old ladder, paint it, and add it to the shoe closet.  I'm not exactly sure what's going on with the second shoe.  Is the ladder attached?  Is it saying you need to climb it to get into the shoe?  Am I being too literal.


That's...a lot of pink.  I'm not fond of animal print in general and pink is too much.  But they're 13 shoes!  And I liked that they came in a women's version, even if it's this particular version.
 


Uh oh...7 years bad luck if you break a mirror.  What if your dogs chew on your mirror shoes?  Does that count?  Or is it just the puppies who get the bad luck for chewing on the shoes in the first place?
 


Why is opening an umbrella in the house bad luck?  I like both of these pictures because of the colors and the contrasts.  Very fun.  I think I like the top pair, but it's hard to tell because I can't move beyond the crazy tights to actually concentrate on the shoes.

If you aren't superstitious, then happy Friday! If you are, then I hope you stayed home, snuggled in with a pint of ice cream, and read a good book, thus avoiding cats, ladders, mirrors, umbrellas, and whatever else you consider to be bad luck.

2 comments:

  1. # 4 It's the new home of "the old lady who lived in a shoe". The kids all finally grew up and left home so mom got a cool new empty shoe. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...