Thursday, February 5, 2015

Caring Shoes

It was one of those days where I felt like I went non-stop and got absolutely nothing done.  And of course I got stuff done, it just doesn't feel equivalent to the amount of running around I did.  On the plus side, I got Skype with my auntie for an hour and a half this morning.  That was absolutely awesome.  I haven't seen her in forever, so it was nice to at least be able to see her on the computer.  She's pretty darn amazing for about a million and a half reasons. 

So, remember the other night when the Pinterest Friend was on a bear kick?  Well, one of those pairs of shoes was Care Bears, and of course I had to go search out some more since they were a part of my childhood.


You know I love me some heels, and I go for a lot of crazy heels, but I don't think I'm wearing Care Bear heels any time soon.  I'd have to have a pretty specific occasion for it.


These are cute.  I'm more likely to wear these.  Have you noticed how much more I'm going for flats since I went on leave?


Obligatory adorable baby shoes.


Nope.  Not wearing these either.


Yay blue!  Hmmm...too spot on to wear these when the depression hits hard?


These sure are yellow.  I like the brightness, actually.  I'd always know where my feet were.


Another pair of cute tennies.


And slippers.  Like the colors.  I think I'm basically landing on the side of liking the bright colors of most of these shoes, but not really feeling a huge urge to wear them.

Finally, on a non Care Bears related note, I finally organized my shoe closet!





Because of the way the guest room and office fit together this closet is a really wonky shape, but this shelf fits perfectly in one of those weird angles.  The shelf came from my grandma's house and I finally found a way to rescue it from the garage and bring it into the house.  Yes, it's in a closet, but I'm counting that as progress.  So my boots are on the floor, but I fit all of my non-boots into the book case.  In the past few months I've made several Goodwill trips and gotten rid of probably 2/3 of my shoes.  I'm pretty proud of myself in that I organized this closet, one half shoes, the other half crafts, and didn't spend any money.  I just re-purposed stuff from the house.



2 comments:

  1. Good for you, repurposing, organizing & spending time with Aunty! ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the reorganizing was last week and the actual closet was Tuesday, but the auntie time was fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...