Thursday, February 19, 2015

Birthdays

I'm going to start this post by backtracking to February 6th, which was both the BSF's and The Nephew's birthday.  The Nephew turned 5, and the BSF is always the perfect age.  I didn't post that day, so I haven't yet shown you the calendar page for that date.


Part of the reason I wasn't quick to post it is that it's not good.  It's downright weird, and the BSF totally deserves better.  If they wanted to go with a red booty/ankle boot, there are a million better options out there.  Here are 3:







I personally can't really pull off the ankle boot look, but that doesn't mean I have to be mean and only show ugly ones.  The Nephew could totally pull off ankle boots if they were like the ones The Beatles wore.  And since he's an awesome Beatles fan like his mama and auntie, it would make the look even better. 
 


Today would have been my auntie's (dad's sister) 78th birthday.  It is also the Seminary Roommate's birthday.  For the record, the BSF was also my seminary roommate, but she already has a nickname, and this way I don't have to number the seminary roommates.  I'm thinking the SR got a way better deal on the shoe calendar.  I actually really like these for spring.  The SR is not one for heels, but she always shows up with the cutest practical shoes you've ever seen.





These totally remind me of her, probably because she had a pair of adorable red flats that I totally coveted while we were living together.  Yep, I was a total commandment breaker, even (possibly especially?) in seminary.

Happy belated, current, and memorial birthdays to 4 of my favorite people ever!

2 comments:

  1. If the 1st pair were purple I might think they belonged to a character in a series of books I'm reading. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...