Saturday, June 25, 2016

Global Beatle Day

Thanks to the Pinterest Friend and the holiday calendar I found out that today is Global Beatles Day!  





I definitely need to put this on my calendar so I can celebrate it on a yearly basis.  According to the GBD website:

GBD (founded 2009) is a day honoring and celebrating the phenomenon and ideals of the Beatles,  collectively and individually, for their gifts to the world including, but not limited to, their promotion of peace and love, of truth and youth, and of the expansion of human consciousness. More specifically, GBD commemorates the Beatles music – their promotion and expansion of rhythm and blues, rock and roll, world music… and especially their collective and personal exploration of a myriad  of musical ideas and innovations.

It then goes on to talk some about their song All You Need is Love, which is what I used as inspiration for this post, since I've already posted a ton of Beatles shoes.



It's hard to tell, but these say All You Need is Love over and over.  I like the colors, but I wish they were easier to read.
 

Here they are with their brothers and sisters in the line.



 I seen this show!  I don't have the shoes, though.


I have these socks!  Because the BFF is awesome.


The first pair comes in baby size!


Seriously, I need to have a baby and dress him/her in nothing but Beatles stuff.


Heehee.

I can't leave you without the song itself:


Frankly, with everything going on in the world right now we could all use, and give a little more love.

Memory Lane: 2013. 2014. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...