Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Many Shoes of Saturday

I'm posting late tonight because it's been a long day with several wardrobe changes.  The morning started with a drive and a stewardship conference.  These things are generally pretty casual, so it was jeans, nice top, light sweater, and shiny red shoes.


The event went from 9:30-1:30, but I only stayed for half as I had to move on to the next activity of the day.  I drove home and changed into comfy sweats and a Beatles t-shirt, then drove the other direction to meet with church families for ice skating.
 
 
I forgot to take a picture of my skates, so instead you get a lovely, blurry action shot of the rink.  It was a lot of fun, but dang am I a bad skater.  It's been at least 15 years since I've gone and it might actually be closer to 20.  I didn't fall, but it was close a couple of times.  The crazy thing is that I'm not great at actually skating, but I was fine helping the kids, even catching them or helping them up without landing on the ice with them.  Mostly it just made my shins scream in pain.  But fun pain, you know?  And it was *almost* like having a little bit of a season!
 
And then it was home and another wardrobe change for date night with the hubby.  The jeans went back on along with a different top and sweater.  You've seen the red boots before, but I wore them over the jeans this time for a bit of a change.
 

 
Date night was dinner and a movie.  Dinner was nice, and the movie wasn't terrible.  There wasn't much playing that I was desperate to see and the movie the hubby wanted to see didn't start for over an hour after we arrived at the theater, so we settled on one neither of us minded seeing.  It was just nice to get out together.
 
All in all it was a good day, but long and kind of non-stop.  It is now definitely bed time so I can get up in too few hours and embark on another day and some more shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Cute shiny red shoes. me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a gift card and got them in GF when I was home for baby girl's birth.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...