Tuesday, March 5, 2013

And I Thought Peep Toe Boots Were Weird

Awhile back I was ranting about peep toe boots, and then this morning when I flipped the calendar page over I was presented with this:
 

The description says they are from Canada, c. 1971.  They are a plastic clog with an interchangeable snap-on canvas upper.  First, the positive.  I can appreciate the effort to make them versatile.  You could change the upper to go with a variety of outfits.  Sadly, while they are versatile, they are also UGLY.  Again, why are they peep toe?  Thankfully there are snaps around the front, so they wouldn't have to be peep toe, but still.  Yeesh.  They remind me of bowling shoes, only uglier.  I wonder if any of the other choices were cuter?  But they would still have the plastic, chunky heel and those god-awful snaps.  I stand by my Yeesh.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...