Thursday, December 18, 2014

White Crocheted Ornaments

Tonight was the Elementary program at school, so we got to go see The Bean, The VH, Pippi, and Tink perform.  It was a lot of fun if you were able to block out the amazingly rude adults sitting behind us.  The Bean and The VH both play the saxophone.  They are in 6th and 5th grades, respectively, and those performances always crack me up.  The students are all so earnest and the music is all so loud and kind of monotone.  It's awesome, and I totally remember being the earnest flute player in the 5th and 6th grade bands.  Tink and Pippi both sang 2 songs with their classes and did great jobs.

I think I also finished decorating at Mom's house today.  At least I'm saying I'm done.  I'll need a fairly compelling reason to do anything else.  I finished decorating the tree in Mom's room today, and spent way more time than necessary (because I was being OCD and stubborn) putting up these cool, old frosted Christmas lights from my grandma's house.

Speaking of trees, here is the one I finished yesterday:


No, wait.  Dad actually finished it, because he put the garland on, shoved it back in the corner and put the tree skirt on.  This is the living room tree, and the biggest one in the house.  It used to be full of all of the random ornaments we kids got each year, so of course nothing matched.  Then we finally grew up and moved out and Mom could have a themed tree.  And that theme is white crochet.  And some tatting.  And some cross stitch.  And a few  things that aren't white.  But you get where I'm going with this.


So of course, white crocheted shoes!  These are pretty, but I would most likely have them (and every pair following) dirty in about 30 seconds.


Also pretty, but my favorite part is the visible sock line.


This isn't my favorite style, but I really like the crochet on these.  So simple and pretty.


The obligatory baby shoes!


 These are Toms.  They are white.  And crocheted.


Slippers!  I could probably even make these if I had a pattern.


These were listed as wedding shoes.  I hope they have some kind of sole, or they are going to be ruined in no time flat.  Plus a bride needs some good arch support.

Holy buckets I'm tired.  So this is good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...