Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Talented

Christmas has definitely taken over, and not just with the blog posts.  I've been busy wrapping, mailing, baking (OK, not baking so far, but still making cookies), sending Christmas cards, shopping, decorating, etc.  Monday I stayed up way later than planned because I was watching A Miracle on 34th Street and finishing crocheting a Christmas present.  Yesterday I decorated Mom's big tree in the living room, and went to the high school Christmas program.  This year they did it a little differently:  In addition to the concert, they also had 2 short plays performed by the drama department.  I finally got to see Double A act!  She's really good.  I was one proud auntie/former drama nerd.  I also got to snuggle with The Bean for most of the performance.  Oh!  I also got my new glasses in the mail yesterday!  So today Dad and I traveled to the "big city" to get them adjusted because they were giving me an awful headache and I couldn't really see that well.  We got the glasses adjusted, ran some errands, had lunch, and came home.  Tonight we went to the theater for a small movie party.  Dad had invited some of his friends to watch his favorite Christmas movie, the musical Scrooge.  Can I just say it's awesome having a family who owns a movie theater where we can go watch DVDs on the big screen?  I got more snuggle time from The Bean, but tonight it was because she wasn't feeling well, poor thing.  Since tonight was at the theater, I took a picture of the Christmas tree there, that Dad and I decorated on Sunday:

 
Hmmmm... it seems to be leaning a bit.  Oh well, what I want you to see is that every ornament on this tree, with the exception of the tree topper, was hand painted by my mama.  Each stocking was made in honor of every employee they've ever had, with the employee's name on the back.  The rest are a bunch of different Santa Clauses.  She's pretty awesomely talented, my mom.  Dad cut them all out, too, so I don't want to leave him out.


So, all of tonight's shoes are hand painted.  I've had lots of hand painted shoes on here, but tonight they are all hand painted and all Christmasy.  I want these.
 

I'll take a pair of these, to, please.  Maybe I'd wear one of each of these 2 pairs for a nice contrast.


These are just begging for a gorgeous, coordinated Norwegian sweater.


Awww...colorful and whimsical.


I know a teacher who needs these.  He has some Christmas ones already, but I think he needs these too.  And maybe a matching tie.
 

Yummy little candy cane shoes!


See?  The whole family could have Christmas tennies.  It would be very festive!

All of these painter people are very talented.  That's not a skill I have.  I can't draw, and I can only paint walls if they aren't too complicated.  And now it's back to Christmas cards, and then maybe some crocheting.

1 comment:

  1. those are really fun...I like them! Still like the plaid ones the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...