Wednesday, April 1, 2015

First Day of April

So today was April Fool's Day. Did you fall for any tricks?  I actually had the opposite.  I had a friend send an email about a new job, which is awesome because she's been miserable at her current one for a long time.  I really wanted it to be true, but, I had to check to make sure she wasn't pulling a prank.  It was true!  Yay!  She said she forgot it was even April Fools, which I frequently do as well.

I was wandering around Kohl's tonight and found a shoe that seemed like it was made especially for today:


OK, they aren't that bad.  I love bright colors, and these are fun in that way, they're just too much.  Maybe they look awesome on someone who isn't me.  Believe me, the picture didn't capture the crazy  as well as I hoped.

In the spirit of the day, SKD posted a video to my Facebook wall about the new trend in shoes, the selfie shoe!



First, those shoes would be super cute if they didn't have the crazy, phone-holding toes.  Second, not many people can life their leg that high?  And third, are you using a self timer?  How would you hit the button to take the picture?  Yes, I know, I probably thought way too much about a silly prank, but I can't help it, it's just how my brain works.

 



These 4 are vintage shoes that were labeled as "April Fools Day Sale."  I didn't figure we needed to have the whole post being sill shoes.  I love this last pair, and the pansy shoes are crazy bright, but I had to post them for my mama.  I like the blue ones, and I even like the top pair in a weird kind of way.  Even if they are stupid slingbacks.

April Fools Day is also, as I've mentioned before, my brother's birthday.  I'm not posting a shoe picture in honor of this occasion this year, because I'd rather post this:


Awwww...baby big brother!  He looks concerned about something.  Probably that he hadn't eaten in 5 minutes or so.  Apparently he ate all the darn time.  It's funny how I can totally see the 44 year old man he's become in this tiny baby face.  Happy Birthday!

Hope you had an uneventful day, unless you like pranks, and then I hope you had a totally eventful day!




2 comments:

  1. I'd never wear them but I do like the pansy shoes. Thank you. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to have the purse and skip the matching shoes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...