Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Weather Report

Today, according to my handy holidays tracker, is National Dork Day!  As I said on Facebook, this is pretty much every day for me.  I thought about making this the theme for tonight's post, but wasn't that inspired when I started looking at shoes.  And, if every day is Dork Day, that would make all of my shoes dork shoes, right?

Today is also St. Swithin's Day, which I'd never heard of and had to look up.  "St. Swithin's Day is 15 July, a day on which people watch the weather for tradition says that whatever the weather is like on St. Swithin's Day, it will continue so for the next forty days."  Huh.  See how I learn stuff from writing this blog?  Today was sunny and hot, which I'm sure it will be for the next 40 days.  No real surprise there.  Let's look at some weather inspired shoes.


Oh wow, these are awesomely random.  Meteorology tennis shoes.  Who knew?  I like them.


I've posted these before on a rainbow post, but tonight's picture was titled something like "Things Ms. Frizzle Would Wear," and since it's true and I love Ms. Frizzle, I had to share again.
 

For those of you who don't know Ms. Frizzle, she is the 3rd grad teacher in the Magic School Bus series, and her outfits are always subject-appropriate.  In the PBS series she is voiced by Lily Tomlin, which only makes her even more fabulous.
 

Back to weather.  Partly cloudy shoes.  I would wear these.


Hmmmm...Sun and clouds and rainbows.  And a penguin, an octopus, hearts,  an alien-monster...?   I have no idea what is going on with these shoes, but you'd never be bored looking at them.


Blue and cloudy!  I would add these to the canvas shoe collection.



Also blue and cloudy (and pink and cloudy).  I'm good without these, though, thanks.  Dang, that heel is tiny, I'd most likely snap it right off.
 

Ooooh...lighting shoes!  Very dramatic.

Happy St. Swithin's Day!  And if you think about it, weather shoes almost definitely fall under the category of "dork" shoes, so I say I killed two birds with one post.

1 comment:

  1. i would totally wear the lightning shoes those are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...