Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th!

I hope you all had a fun, safe, and relaxing holiday.  We did absolutely nothing but have a reality TV marathon, which was fine, but man do I miss our annual family reunion on Flathead Lake.  One of these years I'm actually going to be able to take the hubby home for that.  Oh well, we hung out with the puppies, who dressed up for the occasion:



Yes, I did make a paper hat and force them to wear it.  The hubby says I need therapy, and he says the puppies are going to need therapy as well if I keep tormenting them with outfits.
 

Pedro also wore the hat, but here's a picture from earlier in the day with him in his flag shirt (which I made last year).  He's sitting on the rug I crocheted from old t-shirts.


Our mantel is a little more festive than last year, but still not terribly exciting.  Have I mentioned that my awesome mama made all of the wooden people you see on the mantel each month?  So at least I always have something cute to start with.


Last one before the shoes.  I used to do flags on my toes every year for the 4th, but I haven't done it the last several years, and I'm clearly out of practice.  The right one looks like it was done by a blind, drunk toddler.  But at least I tried to be festive.
 

OK, shoes.  I love these.


And these.  I could maybe even make a pair like this (although I doubt I could get my lines to go straight).


I have no idea what is happening here, but it frightens me.


Cute, but again, all you would see is a boring red strap once you put them on.


Damn.  That is all.


Much better.  I think this is quite cute.


Oh wow.  Why oh why can't I get the hubby to wear crazy men's shoes?


 Love love love, even with the stupid slingbacks.


I like these, too.  Kind of crazy, but I think 4th of July is a holiday you can get away with slightly crazy-festive.
 

Ribbon laces!  And adorable kiddo shoes.

Happy 4th, everyone.  The puppies and I are worn out from all of the couch snuggling we did today while watching TV, so we're off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. You could easily make the canvas flag shoes. That's what tape is for & stencils for the stars. Wouldn't try any of the heels on the island. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...