Sunday, July 26, 2015

Yay!

Today was a good day.  Well, not so much for the hubby, who woke up with an icky tummy and thus couldn't participate in the good day.  Poor hubby.  But I got to drive to the East Bay and meet a friend for lunch.  But not just any friend, a friend I worked with at Christikon (Lutheran summer camp in Montana), and whom I haven't seen in almost 20 years!  Which is just crazy, since I know I worked at camp no more than 5 years ago.  It was really great to see her again and finally meet her hubby.  They have 2 children, a boy who is 7, and a girl who is 4 (she is 10 days younger than Laughter, and clearly they were both born under a very dramatic aligning of stars).  Their son spent the time telling me all of the Alcatraz facts he learned on their tour.  He was clearly fascinated, and he definitely paid attention to the audio tour.  Their daughter chatted about lots and lots of different stuff and may or may not have been thinking of a way to steal my wedding rings. :-)  It was so much fun, and so so wonderful to see her again after all of this time.  JJS looks great and seems happy, which makes me happy.  Her suggestion for tonight's blog was Wisconsin (where they are from), and plaid.  So here we go:



Of course when I looked up Wisconsin shoes I got sports results.  I don't know a lot about Wisconsin, so I didn't look up anything more specific.  I do know Bucky the Badger, though, because a friend of mine from Texas went to school in Madison.  Bucky was pretty much the first mascot I could recognize outside of the mascot from my own alma mater.
 


And of course the Packers.  Just makes me think of cheeseheads.  I kind of like the yellow one, though.
 

Moving on to plaid, which is more fun.  These look very bright and summery to me.


I like these too, but maybe they're a little more springy looking?   Or even fall?


I think JJS  was wearing Birkenstocks today, or at least sandals that looked like Birkenstocks. I opted not so be a shoe stalker for once in my life and didn't ask, but I thought some plaid Birks would be fun.


And these are just adorable.


I have no idea if JJS wears heels or not.  We worked at summer camp, so most shoes were very very practical (Camp/Author Friend's ginormous platforms notwithstanding), and I wasn't in a shoe phase at that point, so didn't have a lot of conversations about them.  Regardless, I thought this was a very cute plaid wedge.

So it was a good day, and I am happy I got to spend part of it with JJS and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...