Monday, January 5, 2015

Video Games

I don't know why I was thinking about video games today.  I don't play them, and have never been good at them.  Maybe because the hubby was talking about the playstation today (we don't have a playstation, we have an xbox--he never gets that right).  Even if I did play I don't think I could master the controller for that thing.  There are approximately a million different button combinations; just watching the hubby play makes my fingers cramp.  I'm more of a word game kind of girl, I guess.  Certainly not good with the hand-eye coordination.  Anyway, we're going to look at some video game themed shoes with games from my childhood.



Space Invaders shoes for the whole family!  My brother had an Atari, and used to play Space Invaders.  The graphics were basically nonexistent, but there also wasn't blood shooting all over the screen.  I played a little when he would let me, but I could only manage the really sloooooow rounds.  I'd totally wear the shoes, though.
 


Mrs. Pacman (apparently Pacman himself is too manly to be on shoes).  Those darn ghosts got me every time.
 

And Super Mario Brothers.  This is the one I tried the hardest at once the Atari was replaced with the Nintendo.  I got fairly good at a few levels, but my brother always used to laugh at me when I would make Mario jump because I would use my entire body as if it would help.  I prefer to think that I was simply way ahead of the Wii and it's body motion controls.  I can't remember which level always got me, but now that I've found the shoes and written this paragraph that stupid theme music is stuck in my head.  I HATE that theme music.

Let's just say I'm better with shoes than video games.  I could wear video game shoes, but can't actually play them, and I'm OK with that.  The Nintendo was really only my friend for playing Jeopardy and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.  Ooooh...I should totally be Carmen Sandiego for Halloween this year!




Red shoes!  Fun hats!  Awesome trench coats!  And 10 months to attempt to squeeze into all that Lycra.  Yikes...

1 comment:



















  1. Fun shoes! You should make the blue heels. ME


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...