Saturday, January 24, 2015

Think Spring

This post was actually intended for yesterday, but I ended up going to bed at 8:30.  It didn't help as I had a horrible, restless night fully of weird dreams and too much awake-ness.  It was really quite annoying.  Oh well, better a day late than never.

As you know, sometimes when I turn the page on the calendar I am truly horrified.  Other times there is definite shoe lust.  A lot of the time I'm kind of indifferent.  I don't hate them, but I don't looooove them either.  So it's always nice when I get a definite reaction, like I did yesterday:





Cute!  I love them.  They remind me of spring, and this really gorgeous lavender dress and jacket Mom made me for Easter one year.  You can't see it in the picture, but the straps crisscross in the front, which I think makes them even more fun.  And since I've been neglecting my friends who love purple (hi, BFF!), it's time to look at lavender shoes and think of spring.


I want these!  Then I want that purple dress back and the body that went with it.  No?  How 'bout a unicorn instead?


I want to like these better.  Those are lilacs, and I love lilacs.  I think it's the fabric.  I want them to be sleeker instead of poofy and fluffy.  (Hey, Dad:  I expected something more grand!  Less...fuzzy)  On a sort of related note, did you know that a synonym for fuzzy is velutinous?  Please try to use that in a sentence 3 times in the next week.




  Simple.  Classy.


Ooookay.  Do they remind me of spring/Easter?  Yes.  Would I wear them?  Hell no. 


I like that they're t-strap, but not fond of the wedge heel on this particular shoe.  These make me think of bridesmaids shoes.
 

Oh man.  I need the purple dress and the body back, AND I need the hubby to wear these with his lavender shirt and black suit.  No?  Again?  Fine.  Can I have a turquoise unicorn?
 

These remind me of my wedding shoes.  Except I like my wedding shoes better.  Which I should as they are mine.
 

Squeeee!  Someone needs to have a wedding with purple as the color and someone else needs to have a small child who can wear these shoes with a floofy dress.  Or possibly a velvet dress that is veltutinous?


For those of you who love flats.  These are really cute.


These were labeled as wedding shoes.  I like them?  Mostly I like them, but there is just something teeny tiny about them that I can't put my finger on.

I think maybe the calendar wants it to be spring, too, because this is from last January:




They're leaning more toward pink, but still definitely leaning toward spring.

Good night.  Go to bed and dream dreams of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...