Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Projects

Since Christmas is now long over I can shoe you the projects I was working on while I was in Montana.  There was definitely a green theme.  My parents got new living room furniture last summer, and as Mom's favorite color is green, there's several fun shades of that color.  Her old furniture was blue, tan, and red plaid, so I made her an afghan to match.  That afghan definitely does not go with the new furniture, so I told her I would make her a new one to match her new furniture:





It was a really simple pattern, just double crochet for the entire body and then the fun, lacy border.  I wrapped it up and Mom opened it on Christmas morning, but as she knew I was making it I didn't hide while I was working, just sat in the living room.  I finished the border at the seester's so at least there was a little surprise.

The other project I worked on was another t-shirt rug, this one for SKD.  Her favorite color is ALSO green, so I used all green t-shirts, donated from me, Mom, Dad, the seester, and the brother.  It was a family effort.  I swear every shirt was green, but when I added them to the rug they somehow became every color but green.




Thankfully she likes it, because it turned out a little weirder than I anticipated.  It is currently living in her laundry room, as you can probably tell.  Yeah, I still think it's weird.  Sorry, SKD for making you another weird Christmas gift!

Green crochet projects obviously lead to green crochet shoes:


I think these are baby shoes.  They look like baby shoes, right?  I love the details.
 

Definitely baby shoes.  How cute is that plaid button?


I want these for summer.  With a fun, bright dress.


Heehee.  These just make me smile.


These are cute, but not with the tights.  They're slippers, so why are they with tights?  Are they supposed to actually be boots?  They still don't go with the tights.
 

These are definitely slippers.  They would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day.


I like these?  I keep going back and forth.


Hey look!  You can have matching booties with your baby.  Unless that top pair are really for adults.  I like the matching concept better, though.

The last few days have been busy-ish.  I can't say exactly what has kept me busy enough that I haven't posted, but it seems like I've gotten a lot done.  

Finally I will apologize if this post is completely odd and random, but I've had the monster bitch headache from hell all day and my brain is a little fuzzy.  Time to take the monster bitch to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...