Sunday, January 25, 2015

Kanit

Remember how Friday's calendar picture was such a nice surprise?  Well, then yesterday I flipped to the weekend picture and found 





this.  What are these?  WHY are these?  And more importantly, why do the weird ones have to be on the weekend so I have to look at them for 2 days?

So.  I'm only showing you this, but not doing the rest of the post around it.  Instead, I'm going off of inspiration from the Pinterest Friend.


It's a clock that knits one scarf per year.  A knitting clock!  I don't know how it works, and frankly I don't care because I'm just going to pretend it's magic, like Molly Weasley's knitting needles.
 

Of course we're now going to look at knit shoes.  Knitting and crocheting are similar in some ways, but I feel like you can do a lot more intricate patterns with knitting vs. crocheting.  And that sucks.  It sucks because I can't knit.  OK, I technically CAN knit because my awesome mother (who can both knit and crochet) taught me.  But I've been crocheting for around 30 years, and she tried teaching me about 10 years ago.  At 20 years in my muscle memory was pretty well in place, and while I could do it I was super slow at it.  Which was frustrating because I'm fast with crocheting.  Clearly I have no patience.  At any rate, I think these are interesting.  I like the purple ones best, then gray, then blue.  Blue will probably never forgive me.
 

See?  Green and black plaid sneakers.  You could maybe do something similar with crochet, but it wouldn't look as seamless and it would be bulkier.
 

Baby shoes are one place where I feel like crochet isn't the red headed step child.


Patterns!  I always want to be able to do intricate patterns.


Adorableness!


Bright adorableness!

And that's my post on knitting.  (which if you are around my father, you always pronounce the k.  He also calls people who crochet "hookers."  Eye roll)

1 comment:

  1. I like the blue ones best so maybe blue will forgive you. Your grandma could knit awesome patterned things. I tried a couple but it was never my idea of fun - yarn everywhere. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...