Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Diversity

The last couple of days have been interesting with the shoe calendar.  Nothing I absolutely love, but they have been rather diverse this week, which I appreciate.
 

For instance, these are from the 80s and are worn by brides of the Hadendwa tribe of Eastern Sudan.  I find that fascinating.  Do I want them?  Not really, because I hate stuff between my toes, but I love the colors, and love that they are worn for a specific purpose and have special meaning for a group of people.
 
 
Tooled leather from the 50s.  They kind of make my feet sweat just looking at them and their non-breathable-ness, but I like the detail.
 
 
Also from the 50s, but this time from China.
 
 
Eh.  Another bootie-type shoe.  I'm kind of whatever on these, except for the color, of course.  But hey, the rest of the week had some character!  Different decades and countries!  Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...