Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Mysterious Feet

I had my annual visit to the dermatologist today.  I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say there were 2 needles, a razor blade, the zappy thingy and the freezing thingy.  Good times.  My dr. cracks me up.  He breezes in, calls me something like gorgeous or cutie or something equally gag-worthy, pokes, prods, zaps, checks me out, compliments my skin, makes goofy jokes, and breezes out.  It wasn't a horrible visit by any means, but I figured any situation that finds me in a paper napkin of a "gown" while someone pokes, zaps, and freezes me deserves at least looking for some new shoes.  I'm wearing my typical, somewhat boring, weekday shoes:
 

They actually look better in the picture than I expected considering how much I wear them.  They aren't totally falling apart or anything, but they have reached the place where they do not leave my feet smelling all that great by the end of the day.  So today I looked for some new, simple, black ballet flat type shoes.  I had no luck.  I only tried one place since I had to get back to work, but my  mission was unfulfilled.  I was also reminded of something I've been noticing the past few weeks:  My feet seem to be growing.  I've worn a 7 since high school, but whenever I try on shoes lately I seem to be constantly going up to the 7 1/2s.  Even the shoes I'm wearing today feel like they're shorter than they used to be.  I find this strange.  I know your feet can grow with pregnancy (no, I'm NOT pregnant, and even if I was, I can't imagine my feet would grow a half size in the first 5 minutes), but I don't know what else might cause it.  These are the things I ponder on a Tuesday afternoon.
 

2 comments:

  1. I used to wear a 6 1/2 & now wear an 8. Apparently it's part of the fun of aging. Don't think they grow just start flattening out. ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very bummed to find my feet growing from a dainty 6, which I'd worn all my adult life when I was nearly your age, Sarah, and then my mother told me that it very common...and now, 20 years later, I usually wear a NINE! I hate it...but it's true. (Of course, I have also learned to wear shoes that do not pinch my toes together, but I think that only accounts for the last 1/2 of a size...the other 2-1/2 sizes are all from that aging thing.) Ugh. Jo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...