Monday, April 15, 2013

Running Shoes


For me, there aren't words enough to express all of the emotions that tragedies like that at the Boston marathon today evoke.  I grieve for those injured and the families of those who lost their lives.  I wonder why and try not to let anger overtake everything.  I am so so grateful for the men and women who help, from first responders, to those who donate blood, to those who give money or food or supplies as needed in a tragedy.  This has been going around on facebook a lot recently, and I hope it really is a quote from Fred Rogers, but regardless, I think it is a sentiment we can all remember and learn from:
 
 
Anger is a valid emotion, and has its place, but in the end, love and loving actions are the only thing we can look to to make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...