Thursday, April 11, 2013

Disappointing

I was in Dublin this morning (CA...not Ireland, sadly), and I decided to duck into DSW for a bit to see what I could find.  I wasn't planning on buying anything, I just like to go explore every once in awhile.  Yes, I frequently walk back out with a pair of shoes that I simply "can't" live without, but more than that, I like to go in and drool a little bit.  It gives me a nice little boost of endorphins to see the rows upon rows of adorable, awesome, sexy, or crazy shoes.  Today's excursion didn't do much for me, sadly.  I found some cute shoes, but basically every time I found a pair of shoes that caught my eye, they were slingbacks, so sigh.  They were also way more expensive than I prefer to spend on shoes.  Even the clearance shoes were out of my price range.  It was not the  mood lifting experience I had hoped it would be.
 
Oh well, such is life sometimes.  Yesterday when I flipped over the shoe calendar page the hubby's comment was, "well those are just stupid!"
 
 
I actually like the colors, but the shape had me stumped all day.  They say they are "slingback" booties, and I kept thinking how the back gray part would just dig into the ankle until the hubby pointed out that they are like a gray pump with a face mask.  If you ignore the blue, you can see how these would be a very tall pump.  Very strange shape, though.  I wonder what they would look like on.
 
Today we get another vintage offering, this time from 1858 France:
 
 
I can't say I'm disappointed by 2 days in a row of blue.  I think these are very cute, and I love the blue details.
 
So, I didn't get my shoe fix at the store today, but I came back to the office with my calendar, my shoe cards,  and my shoe shrine, and it's all good.  I'll just hope for a more fun shoe store trip next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...