Thursday, April 16, 2015

Brownies

I've been doing some baking experimenting.  The hubby often craves something sweet, but since he's diabetic he no longer eats sugar or flour.  Sugar free frozen yogurt is a good option sometimes, but it jacks up his tummy, so it's not good on a regular basis.  The other night I decided to try and bake something with what we had in the house.  The result was sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan brownies.  Or, "soulless brownies," as the hubby calls them.  The first batch was OK, but the 2nd batch that I made last night is actually pretty good.  I used bananas, almond milk, natural peanut butter, cocoa powder, oatmeal, quinoa flour (quinoa flour is one of the few alternative carbs we've found that doesn't screw up his blood sugar), and a little bit of Splenda.  Like I said, they're actually pretty good, and the hubby decided they are so good he no longer has to call them soulless.  Go me and the health food!  Here are some shoes in honor of my tiny kitchen accomplishment.



My brownies didn't have shoes on them.  Or frosting.  But these are adorable.


Vintage brown shoes from the 50s.  With an apron and some pearls and wearing these shoes I can whip up a batch of brownies in no time!



I'd like these better with a different heel.  These would be brownies with caramel.


Oooh, brown velvet!  Fun.


More brown velvet and bows.  Apparently I'm enjoying a theme tonight.


I love riding boots right now.  I'm not sure how I feel about gray and brown together, but I won't hold that against the boots.


And just because they're adorable, and the PB needs something for when we bake brownies someday. 

Ugh, I feel crappy today.  Allergies are kicking my patootie, but my stomach has been weird all day and I keep having sweats/chills and I'm all achy.  I think it's time to go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you frost your brownies with shoe picture icing? ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugar free icing just sounds depressing, even with shoe decorations!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...