Wednesday, April 8, 2015

To Vent and Move On

Warning, I'm about to vent.  So, I'm about to turn 40.  Part of me doesn't care, after all, I don't feel 40, it's just a number, blah blah blah.  Another part of me is the part going oh my god I'm going to be 40 how did that happen why do I suck at life?  Whatever.  You know what doesn't help?  Emails like the one I got this week.  I joined a group several years ago called The Young Clergy Women Project.  At its most basic, they describe it like this: "TYCWP started out in November 2006 as just an idea about getting young ordained women together to talk online."  Obviously, it grew from there.  Back to the email:  "As you know, we are an organization for the very youngest ordained women, which we define as under 40.  As you are turning 40 this month, we will be retiring your membership at the end of the month."  I know it's for clergy women under 40, but something about this email bugged me.  I mean, there's enough crap in the world about turning 40 and being over the hill and all of that stupidity.  And you know what else?  You're too old to be in our group now!  We're only for young women, go hang out with other old people.  Like I said, it just got under my skin, which is probably thinner than it should be right now (doesn't help that the hubby keeps joking that he needs to trade me in for 2 twenty year olds).  

Whew.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  To help me move on we'll look at some shoes that made me smile.  But first, you'll be happy to know that I'm not doing shoes based on the fact that today is Dog Farting Awareness Day.  This makes me laugh a lot, but don't worry, I'm not going anywhere else with this "interesting" holiday.






Yay for color!  I'm not entirely sure what's going on with this last pair, but that is one happy, goofy person.

I leave you with this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...