Saturday, April 11, 2015

More Weird Holidays

Hey, did you know that today is National Eight Track Tape Day?  It's also International Louis Louis Day, and National Cheese Fondue Day.  Who decides these things?  The eight track tapes and the fondue make me think 70s.  Also, I was born smack in the middle of the 70s, so that's the theme we're going with tonight.  (Usual disclaimer:  Who knows how accurate stuff on the internet is.  The following shoes may or may not actually be from the 70s.)


They're like bowling shoes with sparkly wedges!


Men's or women's?


I like these.  I don't want to wear them, but I like them.


What the hell?  The ones on the left are actually cute.  The ones on the right possibly came from too many illegal substances.
 

Oooh!  I'm going with men's for the top pair so that the hubby and I could have matching-ish shoes.  You know, really crazy, somewhat hideous matching shoes, but that could be fun, right?


I seriously like these.  Maybe with a slightly lower wedge, but I love the colors and the straps.


Awesome.  Especially the flowered ones.


Even more awesome!  I would totally wear these while eating cheese fondue (using the green set my parents have that has the multi-colored fondue forks) and listening to my dad's eight tracks.  Hey, Dad, do you remember what you had on eight track?  Am I correct in remembering America?  Because I would definitely listen to A Horse With No Name while wearing my boots and eating fondue.  Or, if the hubby were around, he would want to listen to Abba, so we could do that while wearing our matching shoes and eating fondue.  Yeah, this line of thought needs to stop.  I'm off to enjoy the last hour and a half I have of being in my 30s.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting shoes tonight! ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheese fondue!!! I'm sad that I missed it's special day. Great shoes. Matching shoes with the hubby would be great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...