Friday, April 24, 2015

Rings and Shoes

I've always loved rings.  Even as a kid I wore rings, and loved trying on my mom's wedding rings, and playing with the rings in my grandma's jewelry box.  I still love trying on rings of all kinds of shapes and sizes, although since getting married I mostly only wear my wedding rings (gaining weight has something to do with that, too).  Anyway, one of my birthday presents combined 2 of the things I love:  rings and shoes:



Sunshine's grandma gave me this cool shoe-shaped ring holder at my birthday party last weekend (and yes, I have managed to stretch this birthday thing out for almost 2 weeks), isn't it pretty?  The top ring was a gift from St. Someone's preschool director.  It's paste sapphire and diamonds, so goes with my wedding set (I love costume jewelry...I live in fear of losing my wedding rings).  Next down is a ring that belonged to my mama (don't worry, she gave it to me, I didn't swipe it from her jewelry box).  And second from the bottom is my grandmother's class ring that she gave me before she died and which is very dear to my heart.   The others have stories as well, but those 3 were gifts.  I have other rings still in my jewelry box.  I really need to start wearing them more.


So I went in search of more shoe shaped ring holders, and found plenty.  I love these with the polka dots and color coordinated bows and insides.
 

I'm not much of an animal print fan, but some of you are, so these are for you.


Oooooh....plaid!  And rickrack.  There's not enough rickrack in my life.


Very princessy.  In fact I love how all of these look like stairs.  I can just picture Cinderella running down the stairs and losing her shoe.  Is that too weird of a leap in thought process?
 


These last two are exactly the same only different.  Does your family say that?  They're very sweet and girly.

That's my story for the night.  Oh, and my "news" for the day is that I went to the gym for the first time in approximately 2,743 years.  It was time.  It sucked.  It wasn't that bad.  I hated it.  I'm glad I went.  I have a love/hate relationship with the gym.  Thank goodness for audiobooks that make the treadmill more bearable.

Oh, one final thing:  Sunshine's grandma is way more than just Sunshine's grandma (it's just an easy way to identify her).  She's my friend and a wonderful supporter from St. Someone's, and pretty darn fantastic in just about every way.  The fact that's she's Sunshine's grandma is just a delightful bonus.

5 comments:

  1. Rickrack is cheap and colorful so you could adorn your entire life with it. In June DJ will graduate from FC High School exactly 80 years after her great grandmother. I think that's pretty cool. ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is so awesome. But since she's only 4 we thankfully have some time before that happens. :-P

      Also, I'm not crafty enough to make the rickrack look good, it would just look dumb and I'd be sad.

      Delete
    2. DJ not Laughter will be graduating in June from the same high school as your ring,

      Delete
    3. I know. I was being a dork. There's no way DJ should be graduating from high school already....she's just a baby!

      Delete
  2. Don't tell her that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...