Sunday, March 29, 2015

Palm Sunday Birthday

Today is Palm Sunday, the beginning of Holy Week and the day when we celebrate Jesus' entry into Jerusalem.  I had really good intentions of going to church but woke up with the sinus headache from hell and stayed in bed instead.  Which stinks, because I enjoy  Palm Sunday.  Although, I'm not as fond of reading the passion on the same day.  I get it, lots of people don't go on Good Friday, so don't hear the Passion, but still.  I guess I'm a Palm Sunday purist.  Oh well, let's look at shoes:


Very Beachy, not so much Palm Sunday churchy, but I'd still wear them.


Shoes made out of Palms!  This is waaaaay more complicated than simply making a cross out of your palm.  Not quite as symbolic, though.


Also Beachy, but I really want a pair like this for next Palm Sunday.  I do love a theme!


Or these!  Although the above pair would show better under my alb if I'm back in the parish.


These are kind of tie-dyed looking palms.  But I love the colors.

Today is also extra special for another reason:  It's DJ's 18th birthday!  I can hardly believe it's been 18 years since this little bundle of energy came into our lives.  She's about to graduate high school and go into the navy.  She wants to be a nurse.  She's currently taking EMT classes.  She's amazing.  Since she was born in 1997, here are some shoes from that year:


Ahhh...clunky platforms.  Not palms, but plant related.


Whoa.  And damn.

Doc Martens.  I never owned a pair, but man were they popular.


Stripes, good.  Rainbow colors, awesome.  Platforms this crazy, well, crazy.


This is the exact shoe I wore for a good chunk of 1997.  This or hiking boots.  I did have some dress shoes, but I wasn't going through much of a shoe craze at that time.

DJ, of course, spent 1997 in adorable baby shoes, and being adorable in general.  Happy Birthday, oldest niece!  Love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...