Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pixies

Today was busy-ish.  It started with a trip to Auto Zone (always super exciting), involved phone calls to insurance companies, errands to the bank and library, and the always thrilling allergy shots.  It also involved lunch with a brassy, sassy and hilarious Octogenarian from St. Someone's as well as coffee with SKD.  Tonight as the hubby and I were hanging out after dinner I was looking through some old pictures and came across some from a series my aunt took in my grandma's garage when I was a kid.  The auntie was a Pixie photographer when I was growing up, which mostly meant to me that she led some kind of awesome and exotic life traveling all over the place.  I'm guessing she would probably describe it somewhat differently.  In honor of the awesome and exotic pixie-auntie, we have pixie shoes:


Sadly pixie shoes are the same as elf shoes, and we've already done those.


But there are also shoes labeled as pixie for various reasons.  I like these colors.  I kind of even like the shoes, but I still don't think I can pull this type of booty off.
 

Awww...baby pixie/elf shoes are adorable.


Hmmmm...Apparently pixie shoes are multicolored suede?


Why yes. Yes they are.  I would love these if I thought I had any chance of keeping them clean for longer than 5 minutes.


The theme continues!  These are weirdly awesome.


Oh!  This picture still goes with the theme, but even more awesome is that these shoes are the closest I've found to the ones I had in high school that I loved, just different colors.  Refresh your memory here if you want to and have a moment.

Fun shoes and nostalgic pictures.  Good times.  And speaking of pixies...


...could I have been any cuter?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, pixie days. Thank goodness the pixie uniform didn't include any of those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was the pixie uniform? Also, do you still have that shirt you embroidered all of the states on?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...