Saturday, March 14, 2015

Weird Weddings

I haven't been keeping up with showing you stuff from the calendar lately, so this is almost a week old, but I will want you to see it.


These are 19th Century French wedding shoes, and they are crazy.  Although, if the wedding were attacked my ninjas, the bride would have had weapons readily available.  Say what you will about my wedding shoes, they were a touch less scary than these, at least.  But, I did a tiny bit of looking and found these same shoes on Pinterest with the caption, "Wooden Bridal Shoes France, 19th century. Village men created the clogs for their future brides. It is said that the higher the point, the greater his love for her."  Awww...that's kind of sweet.  Still weird, but sweet.  Now I want to know what the hubby would have carved for me for our wedding.  Hopefully would have had Dad help him as Dad is an awesome carver. 

Let's look at more odd wedding shoes, shall we?
 

Ooooh....stripper wedding shoes!


There's so much going on with this shoe that I'm not sure where to start.  What would the dress look like?!
 

Look!  Our old friends from Irregular Choice make wedding shoes.  And they are just as odd as all the rest of their shoes.


Origami?  Folded linen napkin art?  Repurposed nurse hats?


I would totally want the ring bearer to carry a matching fuzzy pillow.


I have absolutely no idea.  Maybe an ocean theme?  Maybe the shoe designer was drunk?


I think this might be a cousin of that first one.  I actually like this one even less.

So there you have it:  Weird wedding shoes.  I'm all for fun and different shoes for your big day, but these are a little too out there for me.  Probably I'm just a wedding shoe prude.

It was in the 80s here today and it's still 79 degrees in the house, and I have a fever.  I refuse to turn the air conditioning on in March, though.  Maybe I'll go sleep on the day bed in the backyard.

1 comment:

  1. If you go to all the trouble of wearing those weird wedding shoes you should probably wear a short dress so everyone can see the craziness, otherwise what's the use. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...