Friday, March 13, 2015

Parental Units

Because my parents are cool they read my blog.  I don't mean they're cool by association because it's such a kick-ass blog, I mean they are awesome parents who read my blog because they love me and would read it even if it sucked (which it might, but let's not go there).  Anyhoodle, because they are awesome and both read my blog they have also both sent me shoe pictures recently.


This picture is from Mom.  Apparently whoever does this brand is going to start doing them in adult sizes.  I want the ones with the happy faces!   The description said the adult shoes would have laces instead of velcro.  Rude.


This is what Dad sent me.  OK, he did send me a picture of crochet Converse baby shoes, it just wasn't THIS picture.  I have no idea what happened to the one he sent me, but this one is the same, only different.  I think these are adorable.

Are you noticing a pattern here?  If you've ever met my parents, or heard me talk about them, you know they love their babies.  And by "their" I mean biological, adopted, day care, church, random babies out in public.  And by "babies" I mean anyone younger than they who they've ever had any contact with during their growing up years.  So it doesn't surprise me that they both sent me kid shoes.  Even better, they both send brightly colored kid shoes.  Let's go find some more.


I do love primary colors for kiddos.  And look!  Velcro!


Next time I go home I'm buying markers and canvas shoes for all of the nieces (and "nieces) and we're having a decorating party.
 

Sparkly!  Can they make these in my size, please?  Also, the PF would love these!


I don't know exactly what these little creatures are, but they look happy and I'm on board with happy.


Froggies!  And now I suddenly have Froggy Went a Courtin' stuck in my head...

Thanks for being awesome, parents!  Also, thanks for being my parents in general.  And for not killing me during adolescence...

PS--anyone have any good Friday the 13th stories for me?  My day involved a mood-swinging husband, maybe it was the day?  Thankfully he cheered right up after talking to my mom this afternoon.  See?  Awesome parents.

1 comment:

  1. The nieces and "nieces" will love a shoe decorating party. With a couple of them it could turn into a whole day project. ME

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...